People Before Profit calls for:
* A fundamental change in the perception of inmates as citizens capable of rehabilitation, rather than as dangerous and irredeemable.
* Rehabilitation rather than retribution to become the official impulse.
* A restorative-justice programme, in which offenders meet their victims as part of facing up to their crimes and rehabilitating.
* Deprived city areas with high numbers of offenders to receive greater social investment.
* A move towards Open prisons.
* An increase in Temporary Releases.
* More drug treatment centers inside and outside prison.